CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Baby Yummy

I realize my kiddo isn't a baby anymore and doesn't need soft and mushy food. However, green veggies aren't his favorite. He will eat them, but doesn't get too excited about them. That is why I am so excited about what I found today!

Plum Organics fruit and veggie blends baby food pouches!!

I tried the spinach, peas & pear with my little guy.41gnit7b9 L__SL500_AA300_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_

I was pretty skeptical because one, I didn’t think the pear would mask the spinach and peas. Also, given that the pouch is squishy, I figured the kiddo would squeeze it all over himself. I tried it and you can definitely taste the spinach mixed in with the pears. While I wouldn’t eat it, the taste was a plus for me. The fact that I can taste the spinach in the food means it hasn't been processed within an inch of it's life. It may not be right for a super picky eater though.

I twisted off the cap and held it for him at first and gave it a little squeeze so he could taste it. The first thing he said was “pear”! Yay! One step in the right direction. Then I told him to suck on it (he knows how to use a straw) and he grabbed it. Here goes nothin’. I told him not to squeeze it and he gently held it by the sides while happily sucking the yummy goodness out of the pouch. The only downfall is that he was pretty upset when it was gone.

The pouches don’t need to be refrigerated and you can warm them in a bowl of hot water. They are incredibly compact and portable. You can get either fruit by itself or they have 7 fruit and veggie blends. They also sell a spoon that you can screw onto the top and squeeze out a little at a time for a baby to eat. So handy! I know that they are on sale at Babies R Us 10 for $10 right now but I am not sure how long the sale will last.

I am so happy that he likes it. I can now add another option to snack time or use it for a meal on the go paired with something a bit more solid for my toddler.

0 sweet sentiments:

Post a Comment