I started with a recipe, but then ditched it for my own concoction. It turned out so good, I had to share it with the world!
Here’s what I used:
3/4 of a large onion chopped
Butter or margarine
3/4 lb lean ground beef
1/2 lb portabella mushrooms cut into 1” cubes
Can of cream of chicken with garlic soup
1/2 to 1 cup of sour cream
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
Cooked egg noodles
1. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and sauté until they are starting to get soft.
2. Add ground beef to the onions and brown.
3. Add portabella’s to onion and beef and let it all simmer for about 5 more minutes.
4. Add the soup, sour cream and milk and warm it through.
5. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Serve over egg noodles.
Move over Hamburger Helper, there’s a new stroganoff in town.
P.S. Just kidding Hamburger Helper, I still love you and all of your ingredients that I can’t pronounce.