With all of the baby girls on their way in my life, I have been looking for new ways to make everything pretty. These flowers can be added to pillows, bedding, barrettes, head bands, pins for t-shirts and the list goes on and on. You are only limited by your imagination.
Here’s what I used:
3 coordinating fabrics
needle and thread
embellishment for center
1. Cut two 6” squares from each of your fabrics. (Note, these made large flowers, suitable for throw pillows etc. 3” squares would be more appropriate for hair bows etc.)
2. Cut your squares in half diagonally.
3. Take your newly cut triangles and place them right sides together. Stitch over the point, leaving the long edge open.
4. Turn your triangles right side out and iron.
5. You should now have two triangles of each color.
6. Hand stitch along the long edge of the triangle, making about 1” stitches.
7. Pull your thread so the the bottom edge puckers up.
8. Stitch and scrunch the remaining triangles using the same length of thread.
9. When you have stitched all 6 triangles, finish the circle by putting a few stitches into the first triangle that you sewed.
10. Now you have your petals for your flower.
11. Add your embellishment in the center. (Note to self: When you are making a big flower, you should add bigger buttons for more pop)