I finished the front curtain.
This one was a pretty easy one. Sorry, I didn't take step but step pics but here's how I did it. I picked some sheer, curtain fabric from the fabric store. My window measured 6' by 1'. The width didn't play too big a role because it bunched. You need at least double the width. I cut it 5" longer than the length of the window. On each side, I put a 1/2" hem in then a 2" rod pocket. I didn't sew the sides because I didn't trim them and the selvages are hidden in the bunches. Add a few tension rods and you are all set. Now I can hide from the solicitors who frequently pay me visits.
I also finished decorating my guest bathroom.The ceilings in our house are taller than standard which means that we couldn't purchase standard curtains. So I made them! You can't really tell, but the print is a beautiful blue green and brown paisley. The embellishments in the middle are iron on appliques that I cut from the coordinating fabric. I used the heavy duty Heat and Bond so I didn't have to stitch around them. I folded the hem on top over 4 times to make it a little bit stiffer, then I stitched button holes for the curtain rings. ( I used the liner for spacing)
For the towels I used scraps from the curtain. The "non-fuzzy" part about 3" up is about 1" wide. I took a scrap that was the width of the towel by 3" and ironed it into thirds. (sheesh this is hard to describe. Next time more pics.) Then I just stitched on. I considered ruffles, but I wanted to make cleaner lines.
One more bathroom that will have to wait until the 4th of July fabric store sale then I am on to more fun and interesting projects. I don't have to feel guilty about doing them with the house decorating projects finished. (for now)